Rounds Statement on Passage of Senate Budget Resolution
WASHINGTON – U.S. Sen. Mike Rounds (R-S.D.) made the following statement on the passage of the Senate budget resolution early this morning:
“When Republicans took control of the Senate this year, we vowed to restore regular order which has been missing for far too long. Passing a budget resolution is an important part of keeping that promise. The budget we spent more than 15 hours amending is an important framework that will allow us to get to work on the appropriations process and enact meaningful changes to spending and policy.
“Additionally, I was pleased that a number of amendments I offered and cosponsored were included in the budget resolution. These amendments seek to make government more accountable and workable for South Dakota taxpayers.”
Rounds Amendments Included in the Budget Resolution:
- Amendment #339 to facilitate help for those in rural areas seeking a mortgage to purchase a home. For more information, click HERE.
- Amendment #693 requiring Congress to include findings from Inspectors General (IG) when examining ways to reduce waste, fraud and abuse within federal agencies. For more information, click HERE.
Amendments Rounds Cosponsored Included in the Budget Resolution
- Amendment #347 to clarify the extent of Federal jurisdiction under the Federal Water Pollution Control Act. (Barrasso)
- Amendment #607 to create a deficit neutral reserve fund to eliminate the death tax. (Thune)
- Amendment #490 to address the disproportionate regulatory burdens placed on community banks and credit unions. (Ayotte)